Brady’s Submission Guidelines
Who I am:
Brady is the C.O.O of the JABberwocky Literary Agency, and works closely with Joshua to manage all of the day-to-day operations of the business and its nine employees. He was brought on in 2012 as the Foreign Rights Manager after having worked in the publicity department of Penguin’s Berkley and NAL imprints. Before then he interned at Algonquin Books in Chapel Hill, NC.
World Fantasy Convention 2016:
If you’ve reached this page I’m guessing that we recently met at the 2016 World Fantasy Convention. That is great because this page is designed specially for you!
I spoke with many folks at WFC, was excited about what I heard, and wanted to create a space on JABberwocky’s website for you to be able to get in touch with me. You may have gotten tired of my saying this over and over again (but it is important, so I’ll say it one more time) please follow all of the submission guidelines when reaching out to any prospective agent. So without further ado, here are mine because I want to hear from you.
Brady’s Submission Guidelines:
- I am open to being queried by the lovely folks that I met and spoke with at the 2016 World Fantasy Convention and those folks only. If you found this page some other way, please head back to JABberwocky’s Agents Page to see those of us who are currently open to general queries.
- Please send me an email at brady [at] awfulagent [dot] com. Please don’t call the JABberwocky office because we do not handle anything submission or query-related over the phone.
- For the query itself, I’d like you to quickly identify whether it is fiction or non-fiction, and then give me the specific genre. Please provide a quick synopsis of the plot (if fiction) and also let me know of one book that you think yours would compare to favorably.
- Please paste the first 10 pages of your manuscript into the body of your email. No attachments.
- Lastly, I’d like for you to put the words “veggie burger” somewhere in the subject line of you email to me. This is to make sure you’ve read through all of these five steps and to test your reading comprehension skills. :-)
Thank you in advance for following these steps and I look forward to hearing from you!