- Dragons and BladesOf Dragons, Feasts and Murders (#1)Aliette de Bodard
- Dragons and BladesOf Charms, Ghosts and Grievances (#2)Aliette de Bodard
- StandaloneIn the Vanishers’ PalaceAliette de Bodard
- Dominion of the Fallen TrilogyThe House of Sundering Flames (#3)Aliette de Bodard
- Dominion of the Fallen TrilogyOf Dragons, Feasts and Murders (#1)Aliette de Bodard
- Dominion of the Fallen TrilogyOf Charms, Ghosts and Grievances (#2)Aliette de Bodard
- Xuya UniverseThe Citadel of Weeping PearlsAliette de Bodard
- Xuya UniverseThe Tea Master and the DetectiveAliette de Bodard
- Xuya UniverseOf Wars, and Memories, and StarlightAliette de Bodard
- Xuya UniverseSeven of InfinitiesAliette de Bodard
- Xuya UniverseThe Red Scholar’s WakeAliette de Bodard
- Obsidian and Blood SeriesServant of the Underworld (#1)Aliette de Bodard
- Obsidian and Blood SeriesHarbinger of the Storm (#2)Aliette de Bodard
- Obsidian and Blood SeriesMaster of the House of Darts (#3)Aliette de Bodard
Dragons and Blades
Dominion of the Fallen Trilogy
Seven of Infinities
With this lush, immersive sci-fi tale, de Bodard (The House of Sundering Flames) delves into a world as gritty as it is ethereal… [R]eaders will be swept away by the vivid prose, intrigue, and romance of this intricate tale. This fascinating, unusual story is sure to entrance.
Seven of Infinities is a novella concerned with forgiveness, deserved or not, about cages, self-made or otherwise. It concerns itself with growth, with grace, with ruthlessness and its costs and consequences. It’s a tightly written jewel of a story, intense and full of feeling, and I recommend it highly.
Liz Bourke, Locus
A magnificent sf mystery, nuanced, intense, and romantic, with a complex, clever plot nested inside de Bodard’s rich, evocative, and vivid Xuya universe.
Kate Elliott, author of Unconquerable Sun and Cold Magic
"A completely engrossing tale that stretches my imagination. It’s one of the best stories she’s written yet."
The Red Scholar’s Wake
"With a unique world, a thought-provoking plot and a fragile, achingly believable relationship forming against the odds in the midst of rampant inequality and ever-present danger, this is a perfect novel for readers wanting emotional complexity, warmth and heartache in their space opera."
"Aliette’s prose is outstanding. It is descriptive and evocative without being overwrought, it is witty and full of emotion. Every character, every scene comes to life immediately and plastically, drawing the reader into this world of space pirates, family biological and found and relationships of all sorts....I could not recommend The Red Scholar’s Wake more."
"But beyond the romance, The Red Scholar's Wake also shines both when it comes to the action packed mystery of unravelling the Red Scholar's death, and in the wider implications about piracy, freedom and emancipation which that plot entails"
“LESBIAN SPACE PIRATES. Enough said.”
Katee Robert, NYT bestselling author of Neon Gods
"So romantic I may simply perish."
Tasha Suri, author of The Jasmine Throne
“The Red Scholar’s Wake is a fizzingly inventive space opera, quite unlike anything I’ve encountered before, and told with style, grace, and a big dose of heart. SF is lucky to have Aliette de Bodard.”
Alastair Reynolds, Sunday Times bestselling author
“The Red Scholar’s Wake takes you on an exhilarating dive into space piracy with passion, politics, dazzling settings, and-even better-a profound core of love transcending hopelessness that rings throughout the story.”
Everina Maxwell, author of WINTER’S ORBIT
"An epic tale of piracy and romance."
Gareth L. Powell, award-winning author of Stars and Bones
“Confident, sexy, and touching–The Red Scholar’s Wake gives a whole new meaning to the phrase ‘star-crossed lovers’!”
Max Gladstone, Hugo and Nebula award-winning author
"[A] novel that’s richly textured and full of wonder....the pay-off is an intriguing, compelling character study that’s gentle on the face of things and deeply powerful beneath the surface."
"[G]enuinely it’s one of the most creative science fiction worlds I’ve come across. One you do not want to miss out on."
"I give The Red Scholar’s Wake 4,5 stars. It’s a thrilling story about love, family, and loyalty, but also rebellion, going against expectations, and change. As always, it’s well-written in Aliette’s incredible voice."